For the 54th year, Fort Lauderdale, the “Yachting Capital of the World” will host the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® (FLIBS), the largest in-water boat show in the world, from October 31- November 4, 2013, attracting an international audience of hundreds of thousands of boating enthusiasts to the largest in-water boat show in the world. Covering six locations with more than 3 million square feet of space, the show’s network of water taxis, riverboats and shuttles will transport visitors to view the most amazing array of boats ranging from extraordinary super-yachts to fishing boats, runabouts and boats for every budget and delivers the excitement of boating, for any lifestyle to all boating enthusiasts. Attractions for the whole family include an exciting schedule of fishing and boating seminars and workshops for adults and children of all ages.
Boat show headquarters are at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel & Yachting Center, with additional exhibits at the Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
This year, the show continues with its strategic plan of exciting new enhancements, solidifying its position at the forefront of the marine industry as the lifestyle event where interested people gather to connect, learn, see, and buy what is new.
“We are committed to continuously enhancing the show experience for guests and exhibitors,” said Dane Graziano, senior vice president and COO of Show Management. “This year’s new attractions are designed to bring more fun and more choices to all people visiting the show.”
Here are the Top 10 things to see and do at this year’s show:
1. Fireworks – enjoy a spectacular fireworks display launched from the rooftop of the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach – a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel on Thursday, opening night of the show at 7 p.m.
2. Tour the amazing exhibitor displays – As the leader in the global marine industry, FLIBS, creates custom-made, in-water exhibitor displays ranging from 400 to 10,000 square feet of temporary floating structures for display, sales and entertainment.
3. New to the show this year, The Club at Seafair, a unique 228-foot custom megayacht housing an art exhibit, fine jewelry, a restaurant and bar, the AIM Pavilion, and VIP lounges, all in a luxurious club-like atmosphere with panoramic views of the boat show. Located dockside at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel and Marina, SeaFair is specially designed to provide a club-like environment where guests can meet to relax or conduct business.
4. The new Sailfish Pavilion is more than 90,000 square feet of additional space located outside the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center featuring boats ranging from 15 to 40 feet and an extraordinary selection of marine accessories, including the new Florida Sportsman pond with daily fishing demonstrations, the new LandShark Bar with a grilled food menu, the Miss Geico offshore racing boat and and food trucks.
5. Check out the yacht toys – SEABOB underwater scooters; Quadski amphibious ATVs; JetLev (flying jet packs); JetSurf and WaveJet (motorized surfboards); Sealegs (amphibious boat)
6. Enjoy refreshments and cocktails on one of the show’s world-famous floating cocktail lounges, including Guzzlers presented by Budweiser, the Superyacht Lounge presented by Palm Harbor Marina and the Gosling’s Rum Dark & Stormy Island Bar. Enjoy live musical entertainment, kick back and relax
7. Learn from top pros from the International Game Fish Association’s School of Sportfishing and The Blue Wild at one of the free fishing and boating seminars at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center and enjoy workshops for adults and children of all ages, including Hook The Future kids fishing clinics.
8. See everything the marine industry has to offer with similar products and boats conveniently grouped in categories such as high performance and sportfishing. CruiserPort features the world’s best selection of long range cruisers and related seminars. The Superyacht Experience features the world’s largest collection of superyacht builders of yachts over 40 meters.
9. Go by boat. Enjoy the City’s waterways with a free riverboat ride down the New River to the show from Downtown Fort Lauderdale’s Riverfront complex. Attendees can also ride the Water Taxi for $10 per day to any of the show’s six locations while touring Fort Lauderdale from the water.
10. Go shopping for every marine accessory and gift in one of the show’s six clearspan tents ranging in size from 20,000 to 70,000 square feet of air conditioned comfort.
Other exhibits that are sure to attract lots of attention include a personal submarine, a flying car, and an exotic auto show. The everything marine experience includes world-famous floating cocktail lounges, live musical entertainment, and an exciting schedule of fishing and boating seminars and workshops for adults and children of all ages.
Making for easier navigation and an enhanced show experience, fans will again enjoy themed areas including the Performance Village, the Sportfish Village, the Superyacht Builders Association (SYBAss) Pavilion, the Yacht Builders Tent, and the show’s KidZone, located at the Broward County Convention Center.
All attractions and show locations can be easily located through MyBoatShow, the show’s free smartphone app, designed to help navigate the show’s docks, land areas and tents.
The show’s six locations are connected by a convenient land and water transportation network. Boat show headquarters are at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel & Yachting Center, with additional exhibits at the Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
Thursday, Oct. 31 (Prime Time Preview) 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 1 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 2 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 3 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 4 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Adults $20 online, $22 at show
Children (ages 6-15) $5 online, $7 at show
Children (under 6) Free
Prime Time Preview (Thursday, Oct. 31) $36 online, $38 at show
Two-Day Ticket $38 online, $40 at show
Onsite Box Office Locations
• Bahia Mar Yachting Center
• Broward County Convention Center
Additional Box Office Location
• Las Olas Riverfront
To purchase tickets to the 2013 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show®, please visit www.ShowManagement.com. Vendors interested in exhibiting at the Boat Show can call (954) 764-7642 or (800) 940-7642, or visit www.ShowManagement.com, for more information.
To make travel arrangements, please contact the boat show’s official travel partner, www.BoatShowHotels.com at (866) 877-3083, or visit www.BoatShowHotels.com.
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® is owned and sponsored by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida, managed and produced by Show Management and sponsored by Gosling’s Rum, Seakeeper, AIM Marine Group, Budweiser, www.BoatshowHotels.com, Palm Harbor Marina and Smallwoods Yachtwear. Folow the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fortlauderdaleboatshow, follow the show on Twitter at www.twitter.com/boatshowupdates, and tune into Boat Show TV at www.youtube.com/showmanagement. For more information, call (954) 764-7642 or (800) 940-7642, or visit www.ShowManagement.com.